MailScanner: extracting attachments

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Mar 17 22:14:33 GMT 2008

on 3-15-2008 7:37 AM Devon Harding spake the following:

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM, shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com
> <mailto:shuttlebox at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Devon Harding
>     <devonharding at gmail.com <mailto:devonharding at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > Rob, I owe you my first born!  Corrupted MailScanner.conf  After I
>      > reinstalled and added my settings manually, everything worked!
>
>     And you had no problems updating the file? Lint didn't pick it up?
>     Have you diffed the files to see what the problem is? Would be
>     interesting to know.
>
>     --
>

> Nothing stood out...here's a diff of the two.
>
> [root at mars ~]# diff /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
> ~/MailScanner.conf.rpmsave
> 115c115
It could have been anything from the different location of gunzip, to the
shortened numeric parameters (20000 as opposed to 20k). Even the spamassassin
user state directory is different.

You could try adding in one at a time and re-checking until it barfs again.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and