MailScanner: extracting attachments

Rob Kettle rob at kettle.org.uk
Sat Mar 15 14:37:35 GMT 2008

shuttlebox wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rob, I owe you my first born!  Corrupted MailScanner.conf  After I
>> reinstalled and added my settings manually, everything worked!
>>

> And you had no problems updating the file? Lint didn't pick it up?
> Have you diffed the files to see what the problem is? Would be
> interesting to know.

in my case --lint showed me nothing and no-one on the forums indicated
that it showed  any problems when  I posted the  output from it.

diff shows a number of value differences for the parameters and some odd
(to me anyway) values  such as  254,255c254,255  between some lines  but
again no  replies or advice from the forum or Julian so I was non the wiser.

believed to be clean.