mailscanner, queue & nfs

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:32:49 GMT 2008

On 17/03/2008, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

>  Alessandro Dentella wrote:
>  | Hi,
>  |   can I keep the postfix queues on NFS so that 2 concurrent host run
>  |   mailscanner on the same queue?
>  |   Which kind of problems... am I looking for?
>

> How are you managing locks?
>
>  If you have two hosts then distribute the mail with SMTP on both hosts.
>  That way you can lose one system and still get something done.
>
>  That NFS ploy is just looking for more trouble instead of solving an issue.
>
>  Hugo

Couldn't agree more.

When you get hammered... Does log analysis or similar give any kind
of... indication, what type of spam/badware they'er lugging your way?
If so, I'd aim at some type of postfix trck to target t
just that (worst case... header/body rules... worst, since then you'd
already have accepted the message... best would be if you can find
something really simple to filter on).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn