MailScanner: extracting attachments

Devon Harding devonharding at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 14:37:31 GMT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM, shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Rob, I owe you my first born!  Corrupted MailScanner.conf  After I
> > reinstalled and added my settings manually, everything worked!
>
> And you had no problems updating the file? Lint didn't pick it up?
> Have you diffed the files to see what the problem is? Would be
> interesting to know.
>
> --

Nothing stood out...here's a diff of the two.

[root at mars ~]# diff /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
~/MailScanner.conf.rpmsave
115c115
< Run As User =
---
> Run As User =
120c120
< Run As Group =
---
> Run As Group =
127c127
< Queue Scan Interval = 6
---
> Queue Scan Interval = 5
175c175
< Restart Every = 7200
---
> Restart Every = 14400
219,220c219,220
< Incoming Work User =
< Incoming Work Group =
---
> Incoming Work User =
> Incoming Work Group =
278,279c278,279
< Max Unscanned Bytes Per Scan = 100m
< Max Unsafe Bytes Per Scan = 50m
---
> Max Unscanned Bytes Per Scan = 100000000
> Max Unsafe Bytes Per Scan = 50000000
309c309
< Scan Messages = yes
---
> Scan Messages = no
331c331
< Maximum Attachments Per Message = 200
---
> Maximum Attachments Per Message = 60
388c388
< File Command = /usr/bin/file
---
> File Command = #/usr/bin/file
398c398
< Gunzip Command = /bin/gunzip
---
> Gunzip Command = /usr/bin/gunzip
434c434
< Maximum Message Size = %rules-dir%/max.message.size.rules
---
> Maximum Message Size = 0
490c490
< Attachment Extensions Not To Zip = .zip .rar .gz .tgz .jpg .jpeg .mpg .mpe
.mpeg .mp3 .rpm .htm .html .eml
---
> Attachment Extensions Not To Zip = .zip .rar .gz .tgz .mpg .mpe .mpeg .mp3
.rpm
507c507
< Virus Scanning = yes
---
> Virus Scanning = /etc/MailScanner/rules/not.localhost.rules
570c570
< Virus Scanners = clamavmodule
---
> Virus Scanners = clamavmodule
634c634
< Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no
---
> Still Deliver Silent Viruses = yes
651c651
< Non-Forging Viruses = Joke/ OF97/ WM97/ W97M/ eicar
---
> Non-Forging Viruses = Joke/ OF97/ WM97/ W97M/
693c693
< Allowed Sophos Error Messages =
---
> Allowed Sophos Error Messages =
698c698
< Sophos IDE Dir = /opt/sophos-av/lib/sav
---
> Sophos IDE Dir = /usr/local/Sophos/ide
703c703
< Sophos Lib Dir = /opt/sophos-av/lib
---
> Sophos Lib Dir = /usr/local/Sophos/lib
710c710
< Monitors For Sophos Updates = /opt/sophos-av/lib/sav/*.ide
---
> Monitors For Sophos Updates = /usr/local/Sophos/ide/*ides.zip
730c730
< ClamAVmodule Maximum Recursion Level = 8
---
> ClamAVmodule Maximum Recursion Level = 5
763c763
< ClamAV Full Message Scan = yes
---
> ClamAV Full Message Scan = no
785c785
< Dangerous Content Scanning = yes
---
> Dangerous Content Scanning = no
794c794
< Allow Partial Messages = no
---
> Allow Partial Messages = yes
807c807
< Allow External Message Bodies = no
---
> Allow External Message Bodies = yes
886c886
< Allow IFrame Tags = disarm
---
> Allow IFrame Tags = no
896c896
< Allow Form Tags = disarm
---
> Allow Form Tags = yes
906c906
< Allow Script Tags = disarm
---
> Allow Script Tags = no
933c933
< Ignored Web Bug Filenames = spacer pixel.gif pixel.png gap shim
---
> Ignored Web Bug Filenames =
960c960
< Allow Object Codebase Tags = disarm
---
> Allow Object Codebase Tags = no
1020c1020
< Allow Filenames =
---
> Allow Filenames =
1025c1025
< Deny Filenames =
---
> Deny Filenames =
1059c1059
< Allow Filetypes =
---
> Allow Filetypes =
1064c1064
< Allow File MIME Types =
---
> Allow File MIME Types =
1069c1069
< Deny Filetypes =
---
> Deny Filetypes =
1074c1074
< Deny File MIME Types =
---
> Deny File MIME Types =
1105c1105
< Quarantine Silent Viruses = no
---
> Quarantine Silent Viruses = yes
1145c1145
< Deleted Bad Content Message Report  =
%report-dir%/deleted.content.message.txt
---
> Deleted Bad Content Message Report =
%report-dir%/deleted.content.message.txt
1147,1148c1147,1148
< Deleted Virus Message Report        =
%report-dir%/deleted.virus.message.txt
< Deleted Size Message Report        = %report-dir%/deleted.size.message.txt
---
> Deleted Virus Message Report = %report-dir%/deleted.virus.message.txt
> Deleted Size Message Report = %report-dir%/deleted.size.message.txt
1153c1153
< Stored Bad Content Message Report  =
%report-dir%/stored.content.message.txt
---
> Stored Bad Content Message Report =
%report-dir%/stored.content.message.txt
1155,1156c1155,1156
< Stored Virus Message Report        = %report-dir%/stored.virus.message.txt
< Stored Size Message Report        = %report-dir%/stored.size.message.txt
---
> Stored Virus Message Report = %report-dir%/stored.virus.message.txt
> Stored Size Message Report = %report-dir%/stored.size.message.txt
1189,1190c1189,1190
< Sender Content Report        = %report-dir%/sender.content.report.txt
< Sender Error Report        = %report-dir%/sender.error.report.txt
---
> Sender Content Report = %report-dir%/sender.content.report.txt
> Sender Error Report = %report-dir%/sender.error.report.txt
1192,1193c1192,1193
< Sender Virus Report        = %report-dir%/sender.virus.report.txt
< Sender Size Report         = %report-dir%/sender.size.report.txt
---
> Sender Virus Report = %report-dir%/sender.virus.report.txt
> Sender Size Report = %report-dir%/sender.size.report.txt
1253c1253
< Envelope From Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-From:
---
> Envelope From Header = X-MailScanner-From:
1258c1258
< Envelope To Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-To:
---
> Envelope To Header = X-MailScanner-To:
1286,1287c1286,1287
< Clean Header Value       = Found to be clean
< Infected Header Value    = Found to be infected
---
> Clean Header Value = Found to be clean
> Infected Header Value = Found to be infected
1321c1321
< Hostname = the %org-name% ($HOSTNAME) MailScanner
---
> Hostname = the %org-name% MailScanner
1333c1333
< Sign Clean Messages = yes
---
> Sign Clean Messages = no
1460c1460
< Virus Modify Subject = start
---
> Virus Modify Subject = yes
1476c1476
< Filename Modify Subject = start
---
> Filename Modify Subject = yes
1494c1494
< Content Modify Subject = start
---
> Content Modify Subject = yes
1501c1501
< Content Subject Text = {Dangerous Content?}
---
> Content Subject Text = {Blocked Content}
1513c1513
< Size Modify Subject = start
---
> Size Modify Subject = yes
1532c1532
< Disarmed Modify Subject = no
---
> Disarmed Modify Subject = yes
1562c1562
< Spam Modify Subject = start
---
> Spam Modify Subject = yes
1582c1582
< High Scoring Spam Modify Subject = start
---
> High Scoring Spam Modify Subject = yes
1615c1615
< Attachment Encoding Charset = ISO-8859-1
---
> Attachment Encoding Charset = us-ascii
1641c1641
< Archive Mail =
---
> Archive Mail =
1656c1656
< Notices Include Full Headers = yes
---
> Notices Include Full Headers = no
1706c1706
< Spam Checks = yes
---
> Spam Checks = /etc/MailScanner/rules/not.localhost.rules
1712c1712
< Spam List = # spamhaus-ZEN # You can un-comment this to enable them
---
> Spam List = # ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL # You can un-comment this to enable them
1718c1718
< Spam Domain List =
---
> Spam Domain List =
1795c1795
< Max Spam Check Size = 200k
---
> Max Spam Check Size = 150000
1913c1913
< Max SpamAssassin Size = 200k
---
> Max SpamAssassin Size = 30000
1934c1934
< SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = yes
---
> SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no
1938c1938
< SpamAssassin Timeout = 75
---
> SpamAssassin Timeout = 120
1944c1944
< Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 10
---
> Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
2006c2006
< Rebuild Bayes Every = 0
---
> Rebuild Bayes Every = 0
2038c2038
< Max Custom Spam Scanner Size = 20k
---
> Max Custom Spam Scanner Size = 20000
2100c2100
< Spam Actions = store header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"
---
> Spam Actions = store
2138c2138
< High Scoring Spam Actions = store header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"
---
> High Scoring Spam Actions = store
2164c2164
< Non Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: No"
---
> Non Spam Actions = deliver
2207c2207
< SpamAssassin Rule Actions =
---
> SpamAssassin Rule Actions =
2216,2217c2216,2217
< Sender Spam Report         = %report-dir%/sender.spam.report.txt
< Sender Spam List Report    = %report-dir%/sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
---
> Sender Spam Report = %report-dir%/sender.spam.report.txt
> Sender Spam List Report = %report-dir%/sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
2340c2340
< SpamAssassin User State Dir =
---
> SpamAssassin User State Dir =
2348c2348
< SpamAssassin Install Prefix =
---
> SpamAssassin Install Prefix =
2363c2363
< SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
---
> SpamAssassin Local Rules Dir =
2373c2373
< SpamAssassin Local State Dir = # /var/lib/spamassassin
---
> SpamAssassin Local State Dir = /var/lib
2380c2380
< SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =
---
> SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir =
2399c2399
< First Check = spam
---
> First Check = mcp
2406c2406
< MCP Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-MCPCheck:
---
> MCP Header = X-MailScanner-MCPCheck:
2408,2409c2408,2409
< MCP Actions = deliver
< High Scoring MCP Actions = deliver
---
> MCP Actions = store
> High Scoring MCP Actions = store
2412c2412
< MCP Modify Subject = start
---
> MCP Modify Subject = yes
2414c2414
< High Scoring MCP Modify Subject = start
---
> High Scoring MCP Modify Subject = yes
2423c2423
< Log MCP = no