Razor via RPM?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 15:24:32 GMT 2008

Julian Field wrote:

> David Lee wrote:
>>    error: Failed dependencies:
>>            perl(Digest::SHA1) is needed by
>> perl-Razor-Agent-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386
>>            perl(Net::DNS) is needed by
>> perl-Razor-Agent-2.84-1.el5.rf.i386
>>
> I modify the relevant .rpmmacros file to stop Perl putting in
> requirements like this, they cause more trouble than they're worth.
>> Julian: if the above diagnosis is correct, would it be possible to have
>> the Clam/SA package install its perl sub-packages via RPM rather than
>> via
>> tar (on rpm-based machines)?  This is the missing link in a clean
>> automated download/build for RPM-based systems.  How does that sound?
>>
> That's quite a lot of work, I've got to build RPMs for a pretty big
> set of modules.
> It's going to take quite a few hours work to build that lot, and then
> I've got to maintain srpm-based and tar-based distributions of the
> clam+sa package. Another distribution to maintain :-(
This actually creates a separate problem, that of all the perl modules
which react badly with the Perl RPM as they overwrite the same files. Do
I just try to find them and --force them like I do in the main
MailScanner distro?

I've built all the spec files and can build the SRPMs very easily. But
I'm not convinced I'm not wasting my time...

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?