FreeBSD 7.0, MS, MW, ClamAV, 8gb with 64bit or 4 gb with 32bit

Martin.Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Wed Mar 12 09:23:17 GMT 2008

Michael

Right now I'd be sticking with 32 bit - there's still a few gotcha's with some applications running in 64bit - MS isn't on of then, but some of the perl modules can have fun sometimes..

As to tmpfs, softupdates works just as fast for me...

AS for RAM - spare ram is never wasted.

You don't mention how many disks in the RAID 10 array or indded number and size of messages to be processed per day.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Red Lion 49 Ltd T/A Solid State Logic