Mailscanner max'd out CPU/memory and not processing mail (fwd)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 15:07:01 GMT 2008

On 09/03/2008, Tom Rogers <mailscanner at generalgau.com> wrote:
> "Have you disabled your custom sql blacklist stuff? Disabled your Mailwatch
>  stuff?"
>
>  "Have you deleted the spamassasin cache file (regardless of using SA or not)?"
>
>  I tried both of those (sql/Mailwatch stuff and deleting the spamassasin cache)
>  and I still get the same results.
>
>  >From the console:
>
>  root at fatman:/var/lib/MailScanner# !/etc
>
> /etc/init.d/mailscanner start
>

> Currently you are using no virus scanners.
>  This is probably not what you want.
>
>  In your /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file, set
>     Virus Scanners = clamav
>  Then download
>     http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.gz
>  Unpack it, "cd" into the directory and run ./install.sh
>

>  In Debugging mode, not forking...

So... could you please look at the things I suggested too? This seems
non-related...
To recap:
1) Provide some details of postfix version used, and if you have
configured any milter handling in Postfix (unlikely, I know, but we
need check this... PF 2.3+ support isn't present in the version you
have, but it might still work unless you have milters...).
2) Check your hold queue for and non-queue files, or damaged queue
files... These might confiuse the hell out of MS, if they are "broken"
the wrong way:-). Look at the oldest entries in the hold queue, try
parse them with postcat etc...

(snip)
>  On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:36:15 +1000 (EST), Res wrote
nice to see you still lurk around Noel;-)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn