Mailscanner max'd out CPU/memory and not processing mail (fwd)

Tom Rogers mailscanner at generalgau.com
Sun Mar 9 13:37:37 GMT 2008

"Have you disabled your custom sql blacklist stuff? Disabled your Mailwatch
stuff?"

"Have you deleted the spamassasin cache file (regardless of using SA or not)?"

I tried both of those (sql/Mailwatch stuff and deleting the spamassasin cache)
and I still get the same results.

>From the console:

root at fatman:/var/lib/MailScanner# !/etc
/etc/init.d/mailscanner start

Currently you are using no virus scanners.
This is probably not what you want.

In your /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file, set
    Virus Scanners = clamav
Then download
    http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/install-Clam-SA.tar.gz
Unpack it, "cd" into the directory and run ./install.sh

In Debugging mode, not forking...

>From /var/log/mail.info:

Mar  9 09:30:38 generalgau MailScanner[31070]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.57.6 starting...
Mar  9 09:30:39 generalgau MailScanner[31070]: Read 759 hostnames from the
phishing whitelist
Mar  9 09:30:39 generalgau MailScanner[31070]: Using locktype = flock

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:36:15 +1000 (EST), Res wrote