OT: MailWatch Question

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Tue Mar 4 18:31:11 GMT 2008

Rose, Bobby wrote:

> I've used Mailwatch for quite a while for login but not for
> whitelist/blacklist but wanted to take a look at that function.  Does
> mailwatch support the regex rules or combo rules (eg From:
> /[\@\.]doman.com$/ and From: 111.222.333.444 yes)  If not, then is it
> possible for MailScanner to check both a ruleset and a mailwatch
> database to get the best of both worlds?
>
> Thanks
> -=Bobby

Bobby,

MailWatch only works for perfect matches (no wild cards) on a single
email address. Check the archives for Julian's reasons why this must be.

You might consider setting up rule sets for the message that need wild
card entries. For example

a rules set for Spam Checks = that exempts the wild card entries.

Than you could use MailWatch's checks for the "must perfectly match"
entries and have a back door for wildcards.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com