Help with installing and configuring greylisting with ms

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Wed Jun 25 18:25:37 IST 2008

Kit Wong wrote:
> Hi Experts
>
> I have been happily using MS and spamassassin on my server. I would like
> to pay for someone's services here to install greylisting on the server
> also.
>
> The current set up is. Bluequartz from NUonce, Sendmail, MailScanner and
> spamassassin. I use 3 popular rbls within Sendmail, then the usual
> within MailScanner (I have disabled virus scanning) after.
>
> I am not sure if its possible (I have read somewhere it might be) but
> would like to trigger greylisting on emails that are found to be clean
> and are low scoring spam by MailScanner (I also don't want whitelisted
> ips to be greylisted if it makes sense).
>
> The criteria for greylisting is 10 minutes and 7 day whitelist.
>
> Any interested please email me direct.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kit Wong

Hi There,

You normally greylist prior to mailscanning, that way it greatly reduces
the load on the scanner and genuine email will come through anyway!

Regards

Pete

--
horizontal ruler

Peter Farrow
Inexcom Logo
Inexcom Ltd
Office: 	08450 949 747
Fax: 	01249 461 548
Mobile: 	07799605617
Skype: 	peter_farrow
Web: 	www.inexcom.co.uk <http://www.inexcom.co.uk>
Registered in England and Wales, number:05598456

dangerous content by the Inexcom system Scanner,
and is believed to be clean.
Advanced heuristic mail scanning server [-].
http://www.inexcom.co.uk