Can not find Infected attachments in quarantine directory

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 01:38:02 IST 2008

Note your setting for "Quarantine Silent Viruses". And look up your
setting for "Silent Viruses" and "Non-Forging Viruses" (which are the
opposite of "Silent Viruses"). You will see that you have it set up so
that pretty much all viruses except EICAR are deemed to be "Silent
Viruses", and are therefore not quarantined by your settings.

Jules.

Patil, Manjiri S wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have setup Mailscannner 4.70.7.1 with ClamAV and SpamAssassin
> running on RHEL 5.0 running SENDMAIL. Mailscanner detects the virus
> and I do get message saying “Warning: This message has had one or more
> attachments removed”
>
> When I look at /var/spool/Mailscanner/quarantine/XXX/ directory .
>
> I can see only spam folder listed. The infected message is not there.
> I have Mailscanner.conf with default settings
>
> i.e
>
> Virus Scanners = clamav
>
> Deliver Disinfected Files = no
>
> Non-Forging Viruses = Joke/ OF97/ WM97/ W97M/ eicar
>
> Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no
>
> Quarantine Infections = yes
>
> Quarantine Silent Viruses = no
>
> Quarantine Whole Message = no