argv[0] prompt extension patches?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Jun 24 18:19:45 IST 2008

I note that MailScanner (at least as of the 4.54 I have installed),
modifies the argv[0] displayed by 'ps axf' so you can get a bit of an idea
what's going on.

But only a bit: no msgid, no addressee.

Julian, would you entertain for the mainline some patches that expand
those messages a bit, within the bounds of good argv[0] hygiene, or did
you leave it vague for a reason?

Clearly, if I do submit such, I'll do it against at least current stable.

Cheers,
-- jra
Designer                +-Internetworking------+---------+            RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates   |  Best Practices Wiki |         |             '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA    +-http://bestpractices.wikia.com-+     +1 727 647 1274

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me