smtp map to other port

Laszlo Szabo lszabo at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 22 23:33:13 IST 2008

Yes it is important but not mailscanner things anyway it is part of the
system.

This was my first problem when I tried to figure out my mail gateway
spam filter systems. (how can I put mail server before the end mail server)
Many docs just covers local spam filtering with out spam gateway system.

Sendmail-gateway:

/etc/mail/local-host-names
goes your local name(s) Just local names it is important this domains
served by this server!!!

domain1.com
domain2.com

/etc/mail/mailertable:    # (the virgin sendmail install don`t contain
this file it needs to be made by you or webmin can do it )
goes your and server(s) address(es)  (local server(s) and remote
server(s) too)

domain3.com       smtp:[100.100.100.100] #Remote domain3.com server. The
smtp can be used as esmtp like this domain3.com esmtp:[100.100.100.100]
domain4.com       smtp:[192.168.10.10] # local mail server for
domain4.com

/etc/mail/access:

Connect:domain1.com     RELAY
Connect:domain2.com     RELAY
To:domain3.com              RELAY
To:domain4.com              RELAY

/etc/hosts:

domain4.com   192.168.10.10 # to reach it by name on same LAN not WAN`s
address.

Laszlo :-)