BAYES_00 is killing me

Devon Harding devonharding at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:46:36 IST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Denis Beauchemin <
Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:

> Devon Harding a écrit :
>

>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com<mailto:
>> devonharding at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>        Devon Harding wrote:
>>        | I'm getting alot of spam coming through and it seems like
>>        the cause of
>>        | this is BAYES_00 scoring messages with -2.60.  I'm running
>>        MS 4.68.8
>>        | with SA *Le Service des Technologies de l'Information de
>>        l'UdeS veut vous mettre en garde contre "3.2.4" qui semble
>>        être une tentative de fraude envers* 3.2.4. <http://3.2.4.>
>>        <*Le Service des Technologies de l'Information de l'UdeS veut
>>        vous mettre en garde contre "3.2.4" qui semble être une
>>        tentative de fraude envers* http://3.2.4.>  I've already
>>        trained hundreds of
>>
>>        | messages like these as spam and it doesn't seem to work.
>>         What else can
>>        | I do?
>>
>>        My guess is that you are training the wrong database. You
>>        train another
>>        database and not the one you are using with MailScanner.
>>
>>        Hugo.
>>

>>    For MS, where is the Bayes DB path specified?  My DB is located here:
>>
>>    /etc/MailScanner/.spamassassin
>>

>> I think my BAYES is  all messed up.  How do I rebuild it from scratch?
>>
>>  Devon,
>
> Look here for a starter kit: http://www.fsl.com/resources.html
>
> Denis
>
> --

I've restored the starter DB and I do see the new files in
/etc/MailScanner/.spamassassin (I stopped MailScanner and removed the one
ones first), but SA Bayes DB Info from Mailwatch shows nothing.  When I do a
lint from the Tools tab, i Get the following:

[5637] dbg: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O:
//.spamassassin/bayes_toks