Windows Exchange Server

Henry Kwan lists at designmedia.com
Wed Jun 4 23:14:32 IST 2008

Ken Goods <kgoods <at> cropusainsurance.com> writes:

> I used a guide on the MailScanner site for the initial setup. Take a look
> around there and see what you come up with. If you need more help or have
> other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Ken,

I'm currently installing a MailScanner (using Sendmail) and Exchange 2007 setup
and have it mostly configured but in the process of testing it, I did come
across an issue.

When I create a distribution list in Exchange, by default it only accepts mail
from authenticated senders.  I have to manually unset that option before I can
send emails to that distribution list from the outside world.  How do I make my
MailScanner box an authenticated sender to Exchange?  Currently, there is a
Receive Connector that accepts anonymous SMTP only from the MailScanner box and
no other IP.

Thanks.