About watermarks

Mark Nienberg lists at tippingmar.com
Tue Jun 3 23:12:38 IST 2008

Charles Lacroix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had this configuration which reduced alot of bounces going into
> user's mailbox.
> I was quite happy with this but today some users noticed that gmail's
> vacation messages
> were beiing blocked.

The watermark feature examines all messages that have a null sender.  In
sendmail logs these are the ones with:

"from=<>"

If gmail uses that approach to send vacation messages, and does not
include the original message in the reply, then it will trigger the bad
watermark action.   So if you want to be able to receive these and still
use the watermark feature, maybe you could just add 2 or 3 points for a
bad watermark.

Mark