About watermarks

Charles Lacroix clacroix at cegep-ste-foy.qc.ca
Tue Jun 3 19:49:45 IST 2008

Hi,

I had this configuration which reduced alot of bounces going into user's
mailbox.
I was quite happy with this but today some users noticed that gmail's
vacation messages
were beiing blocked.

Use Watermarking = yes
Add Watermark = yes
Check Watermarks With No Sender = yes
Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam = spam
Check Watermarks To Skip Spam Checks = yes
Watermark Secret = %org-name%-SECRET!
Watermark Lifetime = 604800
Watermark Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Watermark:

I tried a few changes, like setting it to
Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam = 5
or
Check Watermarks To Skip Spam Checks = no

but the vacation messages were still beiing blocked.
the only way i got the vacations to come in was with the following
configuration:

Use Watermarking = yes
Add Watermark = yes
Check Watermarks With No Sender = no
Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam = spam
Check Watermarks To Skip Spam Checks = yes
Watermark Secret = %org-name%-SECRET!
Watermark Lifetime = 604800
Watermark Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Watermark:

I find this scary to set it to 'no' as from what i understand, it will
just disable the watermarks checks

# Do you want to check watermarks?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Check Watermarks With No Sender = no

can anyone help me on this, just to make sure i'm not doing something
crazy :)

thanks,
Charles