Variables that can be used in inline.warning.txt and .html reports

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 2 22:13:14 IST 2008

Alan Charlton wrote:
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 20
>> Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:24:53 -0400
>> From: "Alan Charlton" <Alan.Charlton at caseware.com>
>> Subject: Variables that can be used in inline.warning.txt and .html
>> 	reports
>> To: <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>>
> <5864E8A48D189F4999A1D1BAE3730516828AEB at queen.caseware.cwi.local>

>> We've been trying to use some variables in the inline.warning.txt/html
>> files that don't seem to work.  Specifically $datenumber and $to.
>>
>> We'd like to be able to provide our users with a link to release 'bad
>> content' or even 'virus' messages that they know are legitimate,
>>
> similar
>
>> to what's in the recipient.spam.report.txt:
>>

> http://$hostname/cgi-bin/release-msg.cgi?datenumber=$datenumber&id=$id&t
>
>> o=$to
>>
>> I know it's a little risky, but we're a software development company
>>
> and
>
>> we often get attachments that get caught, and our users tend to be
>> reasonably intelligent and cautious... and too impatient to submit a
>> ticket to IT every time a file is caught.
>>
>> Also for proper backup and archiving we'd like all legitimate emails

>> reach the end users' mailboxes...
>>
>> For more details on what we're trying to do check out:
>> http://www.global-domination.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=968
>>
>> My searches for a solution turned up the following thread:
>>

> http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2007-September/07803
>
>> 0.html
>>
>> ...Which seems to imply that these variables need to be specifically
>> added to work in a given report.
>>
>> Is there any way we can add the variables ourselves?  Or do we need to
>> request that they be added in a new release?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alan
>>

>> ------------------------------
>>

> Bumping this up for another try... Does anyone know how to get
> $datenumber and $to to work in the inline.warning.txt and .html reports?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

At the moment, the only variables it appears you can use are these:
  $filename = join(', ', keys %infected);
  $id = $this->{id};
  $from = $this->{from};
  $subject = $this->{subject};

I can add more if several people need them. If your Perl is up to it,
you want to add code to sub ReadVirusWarning in Message.pm. Otherwise
you'll have to bribe me to add them for you :-)

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM