Recipients receives messages from Mailscanner.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jul 24 23:12:32 IST 2008

on 7-24-2008 2:40 PM Gustavo FC spake the following:
> Hi everyone,
>
> The recipients of my network are receiving notifications from
> Mailscanner. This occurs when a message is blocked by the rules of the
> filename.rules.conf. The content of the notification is the same in
> %report-dir%/stored.content.message.txt and the messages` subject  is
> modified, adding {Filename?} to the start of the line.
>
> I don`t want the recipients receive this messages. How can I disable this?
>

> My Mailscanner`s version is 4.55.10. <http://4.55.10.>

This version is so old I'm surprised your mail isn't delivered with dust on
it. You must be using Debian or Ubuntu and don't know about backports.

Maybe an upgrade will fix some things. Your version is from January of 2006.
There has been a new stable version almost every month since then.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and