MS busted! Please Help

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 10:42:55 IST 2008

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of lists at openenterprise.ca [lists at openenterprise.ca]
Sent: 22 July 2008 10:11
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: MS busted! Please Help

Yes I do run mailwatch and have tested the connection from the MS server to
the mysql server (not on same machine). I took the same credntials right
from MW's conf.php and tested the connection to mysql and it works fine...

root at gateway:~# mysql -h 192.168.1.3 -u mailwatch -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 9696
Server version: 5.0.51a-community-log MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

mysql>

I also had many errors on the MW install/upgrade dealing with various perl
modules like below.

file /usr/share/man/man3/Test::Builder::Tester::Color.3pm.gz from install
of perl-Test-Simple-0.70-1 conflicts with file from package
perl-5.8.8-10.el5_2.3

The full list of the ones returning errors when running the MW install
script are

perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
perl-MIME-Base64
perl-Scalar-List-Utils
perl-Storable
perl-Getopt-Long
perl-Time-HiRes
perl-Test-Harness
perl-Test-Simple
perl-Sys-Syslog
perl-IO
perl-Math-BigInt
perl-Math-BigRat
perl-bignum

I tried to uninstall most and re-run the installer but for some reason "rpm
-e" seemd to think that some were not installed?

I dont know where to go from here?

try yum remove perl-bignum etc... On my systems CentOS since upgrade to 5.2 I need to do that, run yum update and then reinstall MailScanner to make sure its all happy...

Does MailScanner start up ok if you turn off the mailwatch functions?

Jason