Timo Jacobs is out of the office.

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Jul 19 22:18:06 IST 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 19:20:54 +0200
Robert Joosten <robert at ml.erje.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Added to the fact that he has chosen to include a legally
> > unenforceable disclaimer, that might very well be the longest of
> > any I have had the misfortune of viewing
>
> He ? Who says he has included that ? The fact an autorespnder
> includes this disclaimer tells me their smtp-gateway attaches that on
> any outgoing mail. And I know plenty of companies that do that; and
> you're right: disclaimers are useless.

You are right, of course. I had not factored in that possibility. FWIW,
many localities that require 'disclaimers' do not require them for
routine correspondence or mail to publicly accessible lists, such as
this one. Germany, if I remember correctly, is one such country.

> I personally don't know the guys that are on vacation, but lett's
> kick them off the list and include some warning vacation-responders
> are not allowed when people sign up. That makes more sense that
> planning to overthrown their cubicles :-D

Why not both, as well as publicly stating that the use of
'disclaimers' is not acceptable unless mandated by law? That should
eliminate a considerable amount of garbage.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

I hate trolls.  Maybe I could metamorph it into something else -- like a
ravenous, two-headed, fire-breathing dragon.

	Willow