OT-Related to the DNS stuff

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon Jul 14 16:12:46 IST 2008

Hi Steve,

I don't know the circumstances of how its come about that you are still
on RH7.3 after all these years, but the best thing to do would be to
grab some source and compile it up.

However, you may run into all kinds of problems compiling on such an old
OS.   Surely it would be easier to simply jump to Centos 5 now than
struggle with this.  You say its scheduled for retirement in September,
but for my part RH7.3 is so old I can't even remember the last time I
used or installed it.

Given the revision frequency of Linux and how fast it moves compared to
other OS's this is a bit like asking for a patch for Windows 3.11.

If you want help or advice on moving over to Centos 5 there is plenty
here will to help you out,  but you should note that Centos 5 does have
a bug in the installer which omits all the bind config and default zone
files which stops you running named straight out of the box.

Regards

Pete

Steve Campbell wrote:
> I'm running an old RH 7.3 server for Bind. It's scheduled to be taken
> out of commission at the beginning of September. Can anyone provide a
> link to rpms for Bind, Bind-utils, and Bind-devel?
>
> I've searched the normal places and didn't see them - I'll re-search
> but if anyone can help, I'd appreciated it.
>
> Steve Campbell

dangerous content by the Inexcom system Scanner,
and is believed to be clean.
Advanced heuristic mail scanning server [-].
http://www.inexcom.co.uk