OT: Run MScanner in a virtualized environment.

Peter Nitschke email at ace.net.au
Fri Jul 11 21:04:12 IST 2008

I have an AMD X2 6000 with 8Gb RAM running Centos 5/64 as host for
VM-Server 1.04.

It has 5 guests - 4 x Centos with a mixture of MailScanner, DNS,
gateway/firewall, proxy and web servers plus a Win2k pop3 server.

The MS pc handled 1,978,400 messages last month, though most were rejected
at the MTA level leaving 79,000 actually handled by MS.

No problems at all.

Total load on the box only goes over about 30 when I do a backup.

Peter