MailScanner on FC8 don't pickup emails

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 11 14:53:20 IST 2008

Luciano Grego wrote:
> Hi
> I'm back again,
> i' ve FC8 + MailScanner ( latest version RPM installed, reinstalled
> after with -nodeps option ).
> Queue directory are ok. Like manual.
> It's possible that my problem is sendmail.
> It don't queue email for Mailscanner, but delivery automatically on local
> mailbox.
>
> I've setup /etc/init.d/MailScanner for running only the first sendmail
> process for accept incoming messagges on port 25.
What did you change my /etc/init.d script? All you've succeeded in doing
is breaking it. I can't see any need to break this file at all.

Want a clue? Check out the missing -ODeliveryMode=queueonly option in
your "$SENDMAIL -bd" line.

Have a nice weekend :-)

Jules.

> StartInSendmail()
>        # $SENDMAIL -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn
> -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=$INQDIR -OPidFile=$INPID
>
>        $SENDMAIL -bd -D /var/log/sendmail.dbg -d0-99.2
> -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
> -OPidFile=$INPID
>
>        # touch /var/run/sm-client.pid
>        # chown $MSPUSER:$MSPGROUP /var/run/sm-client.pid 2>/dev/null
>        # $SENDMAIL -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q15m -OPidFile=$SMPID 2>/dev/null
> --
> StartOutSendmail()
>        $SENDMAIL $([ -n "$QUEUETIME" ] && echo -q$QUEUETIME)
> -OPidFile=$OUTPID
>

> The messages delivered on local mailbox bypassing MailScanner jobs.
>
> Where i must check sendmail? Is /etc/mail/access rules?
> Thanks at all!

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng