MailScanner 4.70 and latest raft of CentOS5 updates?

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:23:17 IST 2008

>> As subject, there's a major bunch of updates been released for CentOS 5
>> recently.
>>
>> I know nothing is concrete, but has anyone here taken the plunge and do
>> you know if there there any known/major issues between these, and
>> MailScanner 4.70?

You will either need to "yum update --exclude=perl*" or force install it.

Unrelated to MailScanner and perl, I was bitten by this bug in the
CentOS/RHEL 5.2 kernel:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2912

So don't do this update remotely and expect it to boot back up.  You might
want to exclude kernel* for now on older AMD K8 and Intel P3 CPUs.  My
problem box is a P3 500.

--
Dave Jones