filename checks = wrong filename report

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 08:52:21 IST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Sylvain Phaneuf
<Sylvain.Phaneuf at imsu.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> I see the point about 150 characters limit, but the filename I see in my log is
> CNU0701SF00084(Sent200807041022)2.mail.pdf
> and it is 42 characters long.  This attachment was not > 150 characters and yet it's name was sanitized. That's what is really confusing. The sanitizing hides the real fact that caused it to be blocked: it contains multiple extensions. Could the length of the filename trigger a different report that when an attachment has multiple extensions?

I just mentioned the 150 character thing because I've also had some
explaining to do to my users. It has nothing to do with why your
attachment got blocked, it's a separate test in the filename rules and
they all cause the same report.

Most of us has solved this by editing the reports, you could for
example add "(filename shown may not be the original one)" or
something like that. That stopped users asking me why their file was
blocked.

--
George Burns  - "Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed."