Whitelists Still Not Working?

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Jul 7 19:09:08 IST 2008

On the MTA it's a milter - I use sendmail.  Since Postfix does milters
now too, I expect there's a way to add it in there also.  I'm running
smfspf but there are other versions available as well.  See
http://www.openspf.org/

I believe it's tied into spamassassin, so you'd turn it on/off in there.
I think you'd just set the scores to 0 in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
I found the ruleset in /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002004/25_spf.cf but
don't edit it there as it will be lost after an update.

If you're not publishing spf records in your dns, think about adding
them.

HTH...

...Kevin

http://www.openspf.org/why.html?sender=v-cbilj_bgckiebc_fekkao_fekkao_a%
>> 40bounce.mkt1336.com&ip=208.85.55.19&receiver=ASSP.nospam:
>>
>>>      208.85.55.19 contains 208.85.55.19 - client-ip=208.85.55.19;
>>>

>> I'm not sure that it's MailScanner/Spamassassin/MailWatch that's
>> doing the neferious deed Johnny.  Following the link in the headers
>> it looks like SPF is scrunching the message, but can't explain why.
>> It knows it shouldn't.
>>
>> Do you have the luxury of running SPF on your MTA and turning it off
>> in mailscanner/spamassassin and seeing how that goes?
>>
>> ...Kevin

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500