MailScanner on FC8 don't pickup emails

Luciano Grego lucianog at metline.it
Mon Jul 7 10:59:46 IST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin.Hepworth" <martinh at solidstatelogic.com>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 11:06 AM
Subject: RE: MailScanner on FC8 don't pickup emails

>I would have thought you'd need to change the Lock Type to the default
>(blank) as sendmail 8.14 usually uses posix (unless fedora change this)
>
> Also a "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa" output to a pastebin or web page
> (as they can be large) would be interesting to see?
>
> What install instructions have you followed?
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

HI Martin,
Lock Type = flock
 ... for test my ideas ...

I've setup this Mailscanner box for my client and
i' ve reboot the machine friday at 18:45 with new params.
Now i'm checking logs and i see Mailscanner pickup messages from Sunday at
15:00. None first!
MailScanner needs more time for starting up?

I' ve put
Lock Type =
now and
'service MailScanner restart'.