Whitelists Still Not Working?

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Sun Jul 6 22:36:59 IST 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 7-3-2008 5:00 PM Johnny Stork spake the following:
>> I sure hope someone can help with this. I have tried this list as
>> well as the mailwatch list but have not had anyone respond with any
>> helpful info. I am sure this must be pretty simple for those that
>> know what they are doing. Here are the details.
>>
>> Most recent version of MS and MW running on CentOS 5x
>>
>> Mailscanner.conf setting = Is Definitely Not Spam = &SQLWhitelist
>>
>> And in the "Lists" section of MW, I have many domains listed as
>> domain.com (without the @ or a specific adddress). Below is an
>> example of whats listed in the "Lists" page of MW and it shows
>> clearly that "futureshop.com" is listed.
>>
>> futureshop.com     default     Delete
>> <http://192.168.10.2/Content/Secure/Mailwatch/lists.php?submit=Delete&id=156&list=w>
>>

>> And here are the headers for a message that just came in and was
>> tagged as SPAM.  You can see that the from field is " From: Future
>> Shop Newsletter <newsletter at futureshop.com>" so why would this not be
>> whitelisted?
>>
>> Can someone please suggest anything that might help?
>>
> Are you sure that your sql connection settings are correct in the
> SQLBlackWhiteList.pm file?

Also, you have to create a user called "admin" in mailwatch and set
whitelists globally there, once you have created the user "admin" you
can then create other domain and email specific users within the
mailwatch front end and create whitelists for particular domains and
even particular email addresses.

Using the supplied user "mailwatch" this never worked for me until I
created the "admin" user.

Pete

dangerous content by the Inexcom system Scanner,
and is believed to be clean.
Advanced heuristic mail scanning server [-].
http://www.inexcom.co.uk