OT: Run MScanner in a virtualized environment.

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 15:25:36 IST 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Bob Wickline <wick at bobwickline.com> wrote:
> I have a dozen Solaris zones running MailScanner on a single server and it
> seems to be doing fine.  Key is to have LOTS of memory.  The memory
> signature of MailScanner is fairly large (50MB).  Because of that I have cut
> the max children down to 2 on all of my zones but they are pretty light mail
> traffic.  I haven´t done the rapid-deployment thing since my environment is
> very static.  There´s plenty of documentation on how to deploy zones out
> there.

Interesting. I'm just curious to know if you use the tar based
MailScanner or the Blastwave package or something else?

I package MailScanner for the Blastwave project and I'm always
interested in feedback about it.

http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/mailscanner

--
Simone de Beauvoir  - "To catch a husband is an art; to hold him is a job."