Digitally Signed Emails

Matthew B sodapopplus at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:53:19 IST 2008

Hello Everyone,
          I am { Running onLinux sv1mail03.mydomain.com.au 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5 #1 SMP Wed May 7 08:22:53 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/LinuxThis is CentOS release 5 (Final)This is Perl version 5.008008 (5.8.8)
This is MailScanner version 4.69.9 } MailScanner and I am scanning all ingress and egress mail (Egress mail passed from an Exchange Server 2007) prior to scanning and delivery. The issue that I have is where some clients are Signing an email with a Digital Certificate (SMIME/SHA1/AES Certificate). When the email is passed through MailScanner it modifies the header and indeed the footer of the email, thus rendering the certificate invalid and throwing an error in the recipients email client.

My question is: Is there an easy and simple way of ensuring that MailScanner does not manipulate signed emails? There is with AlterMIME, which is what we were originally using, however MailScanner seemed far more efficient and robust, with this one exception.

If you would like any further detail, please let me know..

Cheers,
Matt.