Health update

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 22:20:50 IST 2008

2008/7/1 Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>:
> on 6-28-2008 4:07 AM Julian Field spake the following:
>>

>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>>
>>> on 6-25-2008 7:39 AM Peter Peters spake the following:

>>> What is she going to do? Have you freeze-dried and prop you up in the
>>> corner?
>>>
>>> Tell her that it is a way for a part of you to live on after your gone.

>>> I had to stop for a while as my blood pressure is too high for their
>>> liking, but not high enough for the doctor to put me on meds. But here is my
>>> donor card, and since I will most likely be cremated, my wife doesn't have a
>>> problem with it.
>>
>> I don't know if anyone here understands blood pressure figures, but here's
>> a couple to make you laugh. I normally have very low blood pressure, and
>> have to live on beta-blockers as well, which lower it further.
>>
>> Up and walking around the house, some paramedics once measured me (and
>> checked it as they didn't believe it) at 64/45. The last time I had an
>> endoscopy, it dropped to 65/39. That had them a little worried, to put it
>> mildly, but I had warned them in advance that this does tend to happen. I've
>> now had 31 endoscopies, and I know exactly how my body reacts to them, i.e.
>> not kindly :-)
>
> Who reacts to them well? Not the most fun way to spend an afternoon! And
> they have the gall to tell you to relax!

Through the mouth is pure horror,I agree. The other end.... Is simpler
to live with. One can actually tell 'em to hold it when it hurts too
much... not an option with a hose down your gullet:-).

Can't say I react good to them either... then again, as you say
Scott.... Who does?

Jules, what can one say....? It's a miracle enough oxygene permeates
your body! How  your brain can function as spectaularly as it does....
is beyond that!!!

Cheers
--
-- Glenn