OT: Run MScanner in a virtualized environment.

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Tue Jul 1 21:56:23 IST 2008

> Hi guys, i know that it's not recomendable to run MS on virtualized HW
> because of it's high cpu/io load. However, i'm doing some research
> because my boss required it.

I have it running on a high-powered Xen VPS (with 2G RAM available and
eight processor cores shared between the VPS instances) and it works fine.
Only processing ~800 messages per day so probably not a very useful test
though. I'll be moving more mail through it soon, so might get to see how
well it works then. My other server, non VPS but with the same memory but
only twin processors, manages 10,000 messages per day without much problem.

HTH,

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites