Trend Micro Sues Barracuda Over Open Source Anti-Virus

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Jan 30 20:48:54 GMT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:54:23 -0800
"Harondel J. Sibble" <mailscanner at pdscc.com> wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2008 at 20:44, Gerard wrote:
>
> > Personally, I believe this whole discussion is nothing more than a
> > useless exercise. In the end, what happens is what was suppose to
> > happen and nothing anyone of us does is going to change that. Other
> > than wasting bandwidth with useless rhetoric, nothing of any
> > substance is ever going to come about from all this banter.
>
> I disagree on that one, being a Trend Micro reseller, I can call up
> my sales rep and tell them I'll be pulling Trend Micro products out
> of my client sites unless they drop this useless lawsuit.  I'll also
> suggest my colleagues who are Trend reseller's do the same.

Glad to hear that your sales figures for Trend Micro are in the 6-7
figure range. Of course that does raise an interesting question;
exactly how are you going to replace those lost sales once you have
alienated your distributor?

Please post back when you have brought them to their knees.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

For certain people, after fifty, litigation takes the place of sex.

	Gore Vidal