SA 3.2.4 lint output oddity

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jan 27 19:06:04 GMT 2008

I have added something similar to the debug output you wanted. It tells
you when it is waiting for a batch, and how many messages there are in
the batch once it's got it. It will be in the next release.

There is quite a delay before the "building a batch" message, as all the
SpamAssassin initialisation is done just before that. So expect a few
seconds between running "MailScanner --debug" and getting the "building
a batch" message.

I'm thinking about writing support for a "--queue-only" command-line
switch, which would have the same effect as "Delivery Method = queue" in
MailScanner.conf. I thought some people might find that useful when
diagnosing problems as otherwise the processed messages get delivered
immediately so you don't get a chance to look at them first. It would
only take effect when used with "--debug". It would save me editing the
MailScanner.conf file before starting to diagnose any problems, and when
developing new features.

Would other people find this switch useful too?

Jules.

ajos1 at onion wrote:
> -
>
> Paul you are a star!  Thanks so much... I was worrying that I had got something wrong.
>
> That all makes perfect sense and the "MailScanner Waiting For Messages" line does show up with a w.
>
> The reason why it was waiting and waiting... because I was using it on a test machine which was not getting messages to play with!
>
> It might be useful for the Debug output to have a one line message that says:

> dbg : Waiting for an incoming message to scan...

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM