Any Way to filter backscatter?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 17:29:19 GMT 2008

Alex Neuman wrote:
> Implement milter-null and/or MailScanner's built-in functionality. The
> milter-null solution works with sendmail (don't know about your
> particular setup) and blocks at the MTA level (which saves you some
> resources),
Milter-null works very well, and should work with recent Postfixes too,
as they have support for sendmail's milters. Definitely the
lightest-weight solution.
> the built-in MailScanner function does the same at the expense of
> having to receive the message first.
which can be quite expensive if you have a lot of them coming in.
Personally I use the MailScanner function (well I would, wouldn't I? :-)
but I used to get perfectly good results from using milter-null. It
worked a treat.

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:41 AM, Lance Haig wrote:
>
>> One of my users has a problem where he has been made the from address in
>> a spam campaign.
>>
>> he is now getting loads of could not deliver messages. is there  way to
>> filter these out?
>>
>> Thanks guys
>>
>> Lance
>> --