Problem with HTML disarm

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 11:34:23 GMT 2008

On Dec 26, 2007 10:48 PM, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> > 3) Comment out scripts in HTML emails, and some other HTML email.

> Currently the entire text of the script should be removed, not just
> commented out. Is this not working? With your example, I get the HTML
> without the <script> tags nor the content.

I totally forgot about this one. In our case everything between the
script tags was still there displayed as text by some viewers.

Nortel changed their firmware, I guess they stopped inserting that
code, and the problem is gone for us. I think that Nortel had a valid
point about how MailScanner is doing the disarming (not HTML
compliant?) but on the other hand no one else seems to have been hit
with it which is strange. If I knew Perl better I would look into it
myself but I'm next to useless at it I'm afraid. :-(

--
/peter