How to know if I'm blacklisted (SOLVED)

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Fri Jan 18 18:26:20 GMT 2008

Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Thanks for your help, especially to Matt Kettler who really took some
> time to research things for me.
> Matt, I know the header is wrong, but in fact is a testing server that
> made it's way to production when we had our mail server to crash, so
> configs are not what should be. As I use Scalix as mail server, it's not
> that easy to change hostname and settings so what we are doing is
> building a real server to change the emergency one.
> Thanks again for the great info you gave me, I'm also quite new in this
> mail stuff and I've been realizing for some time that is a world in it's
> own, so the best of your answer is that I learnt a lot from it.
> Thanks and regards.

You're welcome, and thank you.

It's also given me an opportunity to explore some of the actual requirements
with Glenn. Which is good.

I've now learned it is legal to refuse them if they're syntactically invalid,
because such a HELO would cause your server to violate format requirements for

The rest, we're still exploring. It will be interesting to see where we end up.