OT BarricadeMX 2.0 is released

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 17:20:21 GMT 2008

Fort Systems Ltd. is pleased to announce BarricadeMX 2.0, the new
release of SnertSoft's smtpf filtering proxy software. In addition to
speed, accuracy, and interface improvements, the new version also
provides improved email DDOS protection. Release notes for this new
version may be found at:

http://www.fsl.com/docs/BMX_Smtpf%202%200%20Release%20Notes.pdf

Distributions are available for

CentOS and Red Hat 4.x, i386 and x86_64
CentOS and Red Hat 5.x, i386 and x86_64
SuSE 10.x
FreeBSD 4.x and 6.x (without web interface)
OpenBSD (without web Interface)

Fort Systems is now able to offer a completely rpm based installation
and with an update process for creating the “simple to install and
maintain anti-spam gateway” that has been discussed in this forum.
Keeping this entire system and all applications up to date is now as
simple as running `yum update`.

An ISO download is available which installs CentOS 5 and the BarricadeMX
server or you can create a basic Install of CentOS 5 and run the
attached script after installation. This script will install and configure:

BarricadeMX (the web interface)
smtpf (The SMTP filtering proxy)
SpamAssassin
SARE rules
DCC
Razor
Bayes MySQL starter database

Please contact info at fsl.com if you need more information regarding the
ISO download, the CentOS basic install instructions or to obtain the
free, fully functional 30-day trial license key.

Some advantages to running this simple gateway configuration include:

• No quarantine required: Mail is either delivered or returned to the
sender with customized Non-Delivery Receipt.

• Very High Capacity: A single CPU, dual core system with 2 GB Of memory
can easily handle over 1,000,000 connection attempts per day

• Web interface: A web interface is provided for configuration and
statistics

All of these advantages are also available when running BarricadeMX in
front of MailScanner.

Pre-filtering with BarricadeMX on an existing MailScanner server is as
easy as running the basic BarricadeMX installation script. After
installation BarricadeMX listens on port 25 and the MTA used by
MailScanner is re-configured to listen on port 26. BarricadeMX is then
configured to route mail for all domains to 127.0.0.1, port 26.

This simple anti-spam gateway is so effective at accurately detecting
spam that we will be the first company to offer a simple anti-spam
guarantee. If BarricadeMX plus our customized version of SpamAssassin
does not stop over 99% of the incoming spam with less than 0.1% false
positives, we will return the cost of purchase.

More details are available at our web sites:

www.fsl.com
www.snertsoft.com

Thank you

Julian Field