Searching mail archives

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:26:36 GMT 2008

On 17/01/2008, Graham S. Jarvis <gsjarvis at infoservers.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MANY thanks !!!!
>
> This is what I've been looking for for a while now -
> So, how does "one" I expand this to remove all the spam from my archives?
>
> i.e. Each day have cron run a job to remove the df (and qf) files where
> the df file contains "Spam?".
> (Or be more clever and use the spam score header).
>
> Anyone prepared to code this for us non-programmer types ;-)
>
> Again, thanks for the idea!
>
> -Graham-

The solution is much simpler than that.
Don't use the Archive Mail funtion to do your archiving, since that
will contain every spam and virus you receive... Use the Non Spam
Actions instead. Add "store" to that one, and presto, you will get an
"archive" in the quarantine (in the nonspam subdirectory/each day).
Add in MailWatch and you have a very simple and elegant solution;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn