[OT] Help Desk Software

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tue Jan 15 19:13:45 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:01:02AM -0500, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Brendan Pirie wrote:
> >We've been looking into http://bestpractical.com/rt/ as a result of
> >recommendations from several people.
>
> I use it and love it.  Not trivial to install though.

RT is excellent for helpdesk service, but needs configuration.

The helpdesk products I'm familiar with are:

Request Tracker - www.bestpractical.com/rt/
Kana - www.kana.com/
Remedy - www.remedy.com/

and a tiny bit with

Open source Ticket Request System - otrs.org/

For complaint/abuse desk service, where you need to play things
closer to your chest. they're not so good. If you want abuse desk
software, look at Abacus from wordtothewise.com.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin