MailScanner not scanning emails.

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Thu Jan 10 19:50:38 GMT 2008

On 10 Jan 2008, at 19:35, Ken Goods wrote:

> Lawrence Lam wrote:
>>
> Since no one else has jumped on this.... it looks like you have Exim
> as your
> MTA. This explains why the sendmail commands did not work for you. I
> don't
> run Exim myself but thought I'd at least point you in the right
> direction to
> get started. I'm sure others that do use MainScanner/Exim will help
> if you
> run into issues.
>
> You'll be looking for setup instructions and configs for MailScanner
> running
> with Exim. A quick google search turned up:
>
> http://wiki.exim.org/MailScanner
>
> I don't know of a definitive install guide for Exim but I'm pretty
> sure it's
> documented well in the MailScanner docs and remarked in
> MailScanner.conf.
>
> I hope this, along with some tips from Exim users will get you going
> on the
> right path.

Well if it's Exim then I would start here http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=&idx=documentation:configuration:mta:exim
  and click installation to start with but have a good read of all the
sections as there are some great tips and good reading.

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Tiger Mail www.technologytiger.net/tigermail from Technology Tiger.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ