Quarantine has stopped working

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:51:26 GMT 2008

>> somehow my quarantine mechanism has stopped working. It DID work, and
>> stopped some days ago, and I cannot tell you why, I don't even have
>> the faintest idea.
>>
>> Any hints, how to debug it... ?
>>
>> Quarantine Silent Viruses = no
>
> ^^^^^  What is your setting for 'Silent Viruses'?  If you have
> All-Viruses here, then Eicar won't be quarantined unless you set it as a
> 'Noisy Virus' non-forging virus.

Thanks a lot Steve! The hint with "Silent Viruses" was the kicker. Now
with the following the Eicar is correctly treated as a virus, cleaned
and quarantined, and the message being delivered:

Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame
Quarantine Silent Viruses = yes
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes

> Also - check your 'Spam Actions' and make sure you have 'store' as part
> of them.

That doesn't seem have ANY consequences on the quarantining.
I have

Spam Checks = no
Spam Actions = deliver header "X-Spam-Status: Yes"

and the Virus quarantining works as expected.

Cheers,
Ronny