Deliver {Spam?} to spam-mail

Miguel Koren O Brien de Lacy miguelk at konsultex.com.br
Mon Jan 7 22:33:36 GMT 2008

I have been using Mail Scanner for a pretty long time but I only used the virus
scanning aspect of it. I now have a server (fedora Core 7 with sendmail, procmail and
dovecot) where spam is the big problem and all those users don't mind if it just gets
delivered to the "~mail/spam-mail" folder to be looked at sometime. This is almost
like a personal quarantine. I got Span Assassin working fine with Mail Scanner and saw
that the header gets the required "ssssss" characters. I didn't see a way in
MailScanner.conf to say that I want spam delivered to a place other than the inbox. I
have the feeling that the "forward" option may do what I want. For example something like:

Spam Actions = deliver forward ~mail/spam-mail

Or would this fail because Mail Scanner does not know what user is involved? If not,
perhaps the "custom" option does it? I want to keep experimentation to a minimum
because this is a production machine.

If I can do this with MailScanner, what option should I use and with what parameter?
If I have to do it outside MailScanner, what is recommended?

Thanks.

--
Konsultex Informatica (http://www.konsultex.com.br)

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.