Max file size

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jan 5 19:19:21 GMT 2008

Julian Field wrote:

> Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>> * PGP Signed by an unknown key
>
>> Julian Field wrote:

>>> Considering the current version is 4.66, that's more than 8 months old.
>>> Quite old...

>>> Use the upgrade_MailScanner_conf script, it won't do any damage, it
>>> carefully preserves all your settings and just adds new ones so you
>>> don't have to use the defaults for new configuration settings. Just run
>>> the script without any parameters and it will tell you how to use it.
>>>
>> Well. That depends on how you define damage. I considere loosing my own
>> comments in a configuration file damage as well.
>
> Give the upgrade_MailScanner_conf script the "--keep-comments"
> command-line option, and it will.
>> The warning that one will loose ones own comments is the sole reason I
>> am extremely reluctant to run that config upgrade script.
>
> I thought of that one a very long time ago :-)

How about a way to mark my private comments? I now use #H# on each line
so I can fast forward with my $EDITOR to my comments.

How about adding some option like:
	--keep-notes "#H#"
Or even with regex support:
	--keep-notes "^#H#"

Indicating which comments to keep. As you put comments above the
parameter it would be a reasonable request that people put their own
remarks above the parameter line.

Hugo.

- --