FW: Another attack to fight off

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 29 23:04:41 GMT 2008

Just for the list's reference, this is an init.d script problem, as it
doesn't directly support multiple incoming queues. So it has trouble
starting up the incoming sendmail process. INQDIR is calculated in
/etc/sysconfig/MailScanner and used to set the -OQueueDirectory=
command-line option in /etc/init.d/MailScanner. It is read straight out
of MailScanner.conf. So if MailScanner.conf's setting refers to a text
file listing directory names, the init.d script tries to start up
sendmail with the QueueDirectory option set to a text file, so it shouts
and screams about it :-(

MailScanner itself is working just fine. Ideally a fancier init.d script
would find the text file and make nasty noises that it won't be able to
start up the incoming sendmail without modification.

Jim Hermann wrote:

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng