F-Prot use not appearing in log file

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 28 20:55:10 GMT 2008

Mike - W0TMW wrote:
> I've installed MS 4.66 on a new box and thanks to others here gotten
> it running.  I have noticed something odd.
>
> I have clamav and f-prot installed for virus scanning.  I have an
> older version of MS running on another box also with clamav and
> f-prot.  On that older box, when an e-mail is being scanned, I see in
> the log that clamav and f-prot are used.  On the new box however, I
> only see clamav mentioned.  Both virus scanners are found when MS is
> started.
>
> Is f-prot being used and just not logged?
That shouldn't be possible.
What does "MailScanner --lint" say?
If you add "eicar" to Non-Forging Viruses list, then you should receive
a notification when you send a copy of Eicar through it. That will tell
you for definite which virus scanners are finding Eicar.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM