Cannot allow 'exe' files

Charlie mi6 at orcon.net.nz
Fri Feb 22 04:02:32 GMT 2008

Hi,
firstly, thanks for all the replies to my previous question which I will
address once I fix this new problem that has come up:

I have just reinstalled MailScanner but it is not allowing any executable
files (e.g. com, exe) to be sent *even though* I have changed the relevant
configuration file 'filename.rules.conf', and am pretty sure I have
successfully restarted MailScanner.

The error I receive back from the server is:
The following e-mails were found to have: Bad Filename Detected
(and then in the Quarantine section it says: No programs allowed)

The changes I did to 'filename.rules.conf' were to comment out these two
lines as follows:
#deny   \.com$          Windows/DOS Executable
#deny   \.exe$          Windows/DOS Executable

I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks!