Return-Path is being rewritten.

Matthew Wolfe wolfee at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 18:49:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a MailScanner or Sendmail thing but hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

I have a client who just got a new email address and when he sends email to me the return path is rewritten to user at webhostingcompany instead of user at domainname. To make things more interesting his webhosting provider and email provider are different companies. If I send email to a email address that is not being scanned by MailScanner the return address is correct. We scan about 30000 emails a day and I have never seen anything like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt