possible corrupt sanesecurity defs

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Feb 20 18:23:48 GMT 2008

Chris Yuzik a écrit :
> Our server downloaded what I believe to be either a corrupt
> sanesecurity definition file or a valid file with a false-positive. In
> any case, hundreds of messages were incorrectly tagged as infected.
> Not a good day.
>
> How do I go about releasing these?
>
> And how can we prevent this from happening in the future?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
Chris,

I've seen many download errors since yesterday:

CURL had a problem getting scam.ndb.gz , error code : 7
	Check : /var/tmp/clamdb/SCAM-UpdateSession.log
CURL had a problem getting phish.ndb.gz , error code : 7
	Check : /var/tmp/clamdb/PHISH-UpdateSession.log

The download script I use seems robust enough to not install incomplete
files:
http://www.sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/update_sanesecurity.txt

Denis

--